Thursday, September 17, 2026

Game Review: Coromon Remastered (100%) - a very competent and fun Monster Tamer

Picked this up again after the big remaster update recently, figured it was a perfect time to 100% this game. Monster Tamers are my favorite genre, so this wasn't too bad of a slog for me to have a to replay this a couple times to scoop everything up.

I will say however, that the puzzles leading up to each Titan are arduous. The timing puzzles, the mazes, the heat meter, the ice puzzles...they really kill the replayability for me. Which is a shame, because replayability should be a MAJOR bonus for games like these. The puzzles are not ALL bad, but I really dreaded having to replay this for the Insane/Caretaker achievement because I knew I had to trudge through those tedious sections. The worst ones are the ones that require timing, and you have to set the game speed back to normal just to get through them (like the Light Dojo jump-rope, or the sand temple darts, ugh). The one hit death which resets you back just feels out of place in a game like this. The challenge of a game like this should be in the MONSTER BATTLES, not the overworld action puzzling...it felt like it was trying to be a different game at times.

Other than the puzzles gripe, I really do like this game. I don't think I've seen better creature pixel art animation than this (fat megalobite is peak).

My favote Coromon ended up being Pink Chonktoad with Humidifier. Absolutely cleaned up the annoying Crimsonite battles.

I'm looking forward to TRAGsofts next game, Rogue Planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Game Review: Evoland (100%) - beautifully recreates some gaming history while also imitating its frustrations

First off, this game is a nice little break between bigger, tougher games (currently tackling Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, need a gap betwe...